Monday, November 2, 2009

It has been too long

I can't believe I haven't posted anything in over a month.  I was doing good and then time just slipped away.  I can't believe it is November.  It is the time of year that goes by so fast.  Just a few days ago we were getting dressed up and taking the kids out trick or treating.  Now we are in November and I am trying to figure out what to buy every one for Christmas.  Before I know it 2010 will be here.

The kids had a blast on Halloween although they were a little disappointed when they got home from school Friday.  This is the first year they have not had a Halloween party at school.  I guess that is one of the differences between public and private school.  I was so happy Halloween was on Saturday this year.  We were able to enjoy the day and not worry about school the next day.  So I am sure you are wondering what did the kids dress up as this year.  Vivian was a very adorable pink monster.  Kirsten was a girl Pirate and Anthony was the Scream character from the movie. 

Kirsten is growing up way too fast.  She told me this would be her last year dressing up.   She will be 11 in Dec and last year she figured out the whole Santa thing, but she promised she would keep it a secret.  It will be something between her and me until Anthony figures it out.  When that happens hopefully they will both keep their mouths shut until Vivian can figure it out on her own.  I am not looking forward to the next year in Kirsten's life.  She is getting to age where things start to change and the attitude has begun.  If she is Miss Attitude now I don't know what I am going to do when she enters "womanhood".  I must prepare myself for Kirsten going through the change and how to help her cope with everything that will be happening.

On Thursday, Vivian started "talking".  Sure she has been saying mama, dada, bye and night night.  She also undertands just about everything we say to her.  But on Thursday she just started babbling and it is non-stop.  All day long while she is playing or sitting down she is "talking"  I will have to capture it on video.  It is so cute.  I always respond with "really that is interesting" or "tell me more about it".  She is starting to figure so many things out.  She is now trying to reach for the door knobs.  She will look under the door if the door is closed.  Since we have her on a schedule she will le tme know if I am not doing something.  Yesterday at lunchtime she went into the kitchen and started trying to open the pantry and when that failed she started pushing her high chair around.  She was like hey mom can you hear what I am doing....that is because I am hungry.  It the pantry door is open, she is in there getting something out.  She knows how to open the containers I keep her food/snacks in.  Man that kid can eat all day.  It doesn't matter if she ate 30 minutes ago if you offer her something she will eat it.  Don't expect to be able to eat any type of fruit in front of her.  I mean didn't you know every piece of fruit I buy belongs to her and you better give her some.

Now Anthony.....what can I say he is a boy.  He is very excited about the holidays, but mainly because basketball starts the first weekend in Jan. Then right after basketball, baseball season starts. We need to keep him active or he gets into trouble.  I am thinking of putting him into Karate or Tae Kwan Do.  I have been told either one of those will help him to learn self control and discipline. 

I will come back here and add the Halloween pictures once I get them off the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment