Friday, February 5, 2010

Diaper Case

I decided I wanted a case for diaper and wipes that I can just throw in my pruse when I need to run to the store instead of taking the whoel diaper bag.  I looked at the stores and they are around $20.  I thought I can make this for cheaper than $20.  So I began a google search for a pattern.  I found one at http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/dipecase.html  The instructions looked simple and the materials I needed were listed.  I just needed to get the supplies and dust off my sewing machine.  I spent $8 in supplies and made 2 cases.

First let me start by saying my sewing machine was very very dusty.  It has been sitting in the garage since I had to sew costumes for the kids school event.  That was over 2 years ago. 

I bought some thicker thread but the sewing machine would not work with it.  I got out the manual adjusted the settings change the needle, but nothing I did would work.  The thread kept getting tangled and stuck in the bobbin area.  I finally gave up after fighting with it for 20 minutes.  I went back to the regular thread. I completed both cases in 30 minutes.

Here is my completed project. 


This has sparked my creativity and I am thinking of trrying some other things.  Maybe I will even get out my scrapbook stuff and finally get Vivian's 1st year book done.  I have all the pics and stuff, but i just haven't found the creative bug to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment