Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tired?! This is a word that every mom knows and understands, but usually it is due to lack of sleep from a waking baby. Not me.....can you say insomnia? All of my kids are in bed by 8 pm and they don't get up until I wake them in the morning. Kirsten and Anthony get up at 6:15 am and they are on the bus at 6:45 am then I crawl back in bed and try to sleep until Vivian gets up around 8:00 am, but sometimes I just lay there. So why am I not able to fall asleep until after 12 am. Yes it is nice to have a few hours of quiet at night, but I would prefer a good 8 hours of sleep.

What do I do during these late night hours? Nothing, absolutely nothing. I could get some things done like Vivian's 1st year scrapbook that I haven't started but I prefer to lay on the couch or in bed and do one of the following: read a book/magazine, get online or watch TV. I can't wait for the new shows to start. I have set up my TiVo to record all the shows and then I will have something to watch instead of the "o so real" Lifetime movies or movies I have seen already.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this...but it's not insomnia...i just stay up and play around on the computer or read a mag. not good. At least my little guy sleeps a good 12 hours as of late!
    I was thinking of keeping an online journal myself...since I haven't done anything on paper for my little one's first year. great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you!! I am sooooo tired, yet cannot stay asleep. So frustrating....Hope you get some zzz's soon. :)

    ReplyDelete