Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Week Later....

My goal at least 1 project a week....Well I really haven't been working on a project since the dress unless you think organizing, buying, more organizing of my scrapbook stuff a project then I have been very busy. I am getting supplies ready for 2 books I am going to start working on.  I have also dusted off my cricut and have figured out how to connected it to my Mac.  This alone took a couple of days since the software is only available on PC.  I had to buy a program to allow me to use PC based programs.  After getting that all setup I realized why I wasn't too upset when I got laid off.  I no longer enjoy computer support.  If I can't stand doing it for my self how can I enjoy doing it for someone else.  That made me decide I need to do some soul searching and decide what I would not like but love and enjoy to do.  I really wish I could find a job doing craft stuff but their are very few jobs that would allow me to do that.  Until then I will continue to do what ever I want to do and enjoy my kids.

My plans for this week include prepping the garden.  I have taken down the greenhouse I built over the 2 raised beds.  Now it is just time to get them cleaned up, refilled since the dirt has settled and start planting.  The dogs have decided they like laying in the garden so I need to find a new higher fence to go around the garden.  Looks like I will be making a trip to home depot to see what they have either pre-built garden fencing, but I have a feeling I will be making something since I am cheap.

Now what project is next on my list except for the Garden....I did return to Joann's and buy the fabric I used for Vivian's dress to make a quilt.  They had all but one of the coordinating patterns.  Of course my luck it is only available online.  Now I am trying to see what else I need from there so I may be able to get free shipping.  I found this really cute idea on Pinterest and I think this may be the next project since it will take an afternoon to do 3 of them.  It is a birth announcement type picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment