Friday, February 10, 2012

Yes I used my KitchenAid for that

I saw a blog a few months ago about other uses for a KitchenAid mixer.  One thing I would have never thought of doing was using it to shred chicken.  I had the opportunity to test it out when I made chicken enchiladas.  The one thing that I dislike about making them is shredding the chicken.  I always use boneless chicken.  I boiled my chicken breasts like normal when they were done I tossed them into the mixing bowl attached the paddle and turned on the mixer.  Less than a minute later I had restaurant style shredded chicken.  I will never shred chicken by hand again.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Susan for following my blog! I love you idea about the mixer shredding the chicken! I will be using that idea for when I make chicken pot pie, my mom doesn't chew well, and loves it this will make it SO much easier for her! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's any easy recipe for you on super easy cheesecake. Buy the Jello brand instant cheesecake pudding, along with a pre-made graham cracker crust, milk, cherry pie filling, and a block of cream cheese. Ok, make the pudding like the directions call for except only add 1 1/2 cups of milk, and add the whole block of cream cheese. (The mix doesn't call for the cream cheese.)This will make the pudding texture and taste a lot like baked cheese cake, not perfect, but it takes less than 5 minutes to make! At any rate pour mixed pudding in crust, top with cherry pie filling, put in fridge for 1 hour, and enjoy! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete