Monday, January 30, 2012

Wanted to try an appliqué

I was going to make a dress for Vivian and I still plan on doing it this week, but I wanted to try an appliqué.  The Slice I recently purchased will also cut fabric.  Vivian has been asking for a butterfly shirt.  The appliqué design card has a few butterfly patterns.  I decided I would try an appliqué.  How hard could it be?  We picked a shirt and then I picked some coordinating fabric from my ever growing fabric stash.  I really need to stop buying fabric and fat quarters until I use what I have.



Cutting the fabric was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  First I had to put fusible web on the fabric.  Then I cut a shadow of a butterfly and then the butterfly.  Once that was done I ironed it onto the fabric and then did a blanket stitch around both pieces.  Much easier than I thought it would be.  Very happy with my first appliqué.

1 comment:

  1. How long did it take you to figure all this stuff out!? I'm jealous-I haven't even learned how to get thread into my machine, HAHA. Guess that's what happens when all 3 are at home 24/7...

    ReplyDelete