Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Great Deal on Slice products at Michael's

Last Friday I was at Michael's and they had all the Slice Cutters and accessories on clearance.  I looked and asked if there were anymore cutters.  None left and no more would be coming in.  I thought I missed out on  such a great deal since the cutter retails for $149.99 and they had it on clearance for $19.99.  The design cards retail for $39.99-49.99 and they were all marked down to $4.99.  They only had a few cards and no other accessories.  I spent the next day calling all Michael's within 30 miles to see if anyone had the cutter.  No one had it and I was told the same thing by all stores.  No more would be coming in.  Then yesterday I was on a scrapbook forum and saw a post that the cards were marked down to $2.  Off to ebay I went to see how much the cutters were being sold for.  The basic or first model was being sold for $40-50.  I thought with the price of the cards at Michael's I would just go ahead and get some.  I had not got a cutter yet but I knew the supplies would not last long.  I decided I would head to Michaels this morning and get some design cards.  While there I didn't see the cutter on the shelf but I knew my local Michael's keeps all of the machines in a locked case.  I decided I would look to see if there was one there.  Was I in shock when I saw a Slice Elite on the bottom shelf.  I asked an employee for the Slice in the case.  She said we are out.  I told her there was one in the case.  We walked over and she was as shocked as I was that there was one in there.  I walked out of there with the Slice, 3 cartridges and a set of marker tips for it.  While checking out she told me I might want to check the other stores in the area for more cards and accessories.  I spent the next hour driving to 2 other stores.  I found a glass cutting board,  hands free kit, 2 more marker tips and 9 more cartridges. I couldn't be more excited.  Now I am trying to decide if I want to drive to the other Michaels in the area looking for more cards and accessories.  Just look at my new toys and you will be excited too.  Can you believe I got all this for $80


1/27 - A little update - I have went to every store in the area and got all the slice stuff I could find.  My final  list is:

Slice Elite (Pink) - 19.99 - Reg 149.99
Hands Free Kit - 11.99 - Reg 39.99
Glass Cutting Mat - 5.99 - Reg 19.99
Ball Point Pen tips (3 packs) - 2.99 - Reg 12.99
Marker Tips (3 different color packs) - 2.99 - Reg 14.99
Design Cards (18 - yes 18 different ones) - 2.00 - Reg 39.99

Total Spent - $92
Retail Cost - $1014
Total Saved - $922

1 comment: