Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Let's get this thing going again

A new year and new list of exciting things for the new year.  I did finish my 356 days of pictures even though I stopped blogging about it.  It was just too hard to find time to blog every day about a picture that may have just been the sunrise or a flower.  I know those things are so exciting and you wanted to know what I was thinking when I took the picture.  Well most of the time I was thinking what can I take a picture of today in the beginning and then it was oh know it is 7pm and I haven't took a picture that then turned into what was I thinking I don't want to take a picture today and finally it was I can't think of anything to take a picture of and is is Dec 31 yet....that was in May.  So now you know why I stopped writing about it, but like anything I start I had to complete the project.

Now onto a new year and new idea.  I have decided instead of devoting a day to something for an entire year I would make a list of projects both craft and home that I want to do by the end of the year.  So far my list is at 35 projects.  They range from a 30 minute project to a 3-4 day project.  Once a project is complete I will post about it.  My goal is to give people ideas and inspiration to become more crafty.

Now that we have that out of the way on to the projects I have completed.  Each will get it's own post in case someone wants to link to it.   Not sure that will happen but just in case.  My first project was organizing my craft area which was primarily moving it to a new location and organizing my scrapbook stuff.  The table was in the office and I never used it because everyone was always piling stuff on it and the stuff wasn't organized.  Well I solved that problem and consolidated everything at the same time.  I had empty shelves and drawers because of the way the table was arranged that I couldn't access them.  I moved the table into the living room.  Something that I really didn't want to do because I didn't want it in there but I have no where else to put it.  With it being in there that means it will stay clean an organize since I have to look at it every day.  Now everything in a drawer that is labeled with the contents.  Every thing has a specific place including a spot for projects I am working on.  As of right now nothing is out.  My Cricut will be out at some point but as of now it stays in it's green carrying case.


This corner was Vivian's.  It had a table and a 5 drawer plastic container with her coloring books, play dough, crayons, etc.  I have moved that to another are in the living room.  You can see her roll of paper had not been moved when I took the picture.  It is still sitting on the fireplace.  It just gets moved around and has not real home.  I need to find a good location for it but can't think of where I want it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!! I really need a place to have all my stuff together like that...Can't wait to see your projects. :)

    ReplyDelete