Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 75 of 365 Days of Pictures

I guess I better be glad I am not scared of bees or allergic to them because they were all over the lime tree again today.   More and more flowers are opening every day.  I have been checking the tree daily because in the past there has been something eating the leaves and the lime skin looks like it was scrapped.   I have been reading about fruit trees and pests.  I am determined to get rid of the ones that have already started attacking the leaves and prevent more from appearing.  Today I noticed a HUGE bee.  After looking at it more I realized it is not a normal bee.  It is about 2-3 times the size of the rest of the bees.  After much Google image searches I think I have figured out what type it is.  I think it is a Carpenter bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment