Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 89 of 365 Days of Pictures

Today I had to walk around the outside and see it there was any damage from yesterday's storm.  My main concern was my garden since hail can do a lot of damage to the plants.  There was some damage to some of the leaves and the lettuce, but not enough damage to kill anything.  The high winds blew almost every lime bud or flower off the lime tree.  The tree had tons of lime buds and flowers.  I was hoping to get some limes, but as the flowers died off there were very few that started to turn into limes.  From what I can see there are only a handful of limes left.  I will look at it more when it isn't raining.  My banana pepper plant has blooms and a pepper is starting to grow.  I can't wait to see what I can get out of the garden.  Building and maintaining the garden has been good for me.  I find it relaxing.

Today while Vivian was at school I decided it was time to clean, organize and box up some stuff.  It took me 3 hours but I was able to accomplish what I wanted to do and move ALL of her toys from the living room to her room.  Tonight she came into the living room with some toys and I told her to take them back to her room that my living room is now a toy free zone.  She just looked at me trying to figure out what I was saying.

Banana Pepper plant with the first pepper starting to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment